Learn more about ALI's governance, business operations, and achievements. Also included are funding and reimbursement guidelines and forms.
Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) was formed as the result of the efforts of members of the Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) to form a collaborative partnership among Indiana's accredited non-profit public and private colleges, seminaries, and universities (including a Lilly Endowment initiative proposal in 2002). ALI became a functioning organization on May 27, 2003 with the adoption of its Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws (see below) and the election of its first officers.
As soon as possible in each new fiscal year, but no later than the fall ALI Board meeting, ALI committees shall request approval for annual expenditures from the ALI Board. The requests will be reviewed for approval or rejection during the fall meeting of the Board. Following are the general guidelines for expenditures. Additional funds may be requested during the fiscal year, for a program or unforeseen expenses, if the benefits of the request can be justified to the ALI Board.
1. ALI standing committees will receive $2500.00 for one program per year. In general, the cost per program participant should not be more than $50.00. If the cost of the program is greater than $2,500.00, the additional amount shall be the responsibility of the participants.
2. ALI will reimburse the cost of reasonable expenses of the Chair of the ALI Resource Advisory Committee toattend the annual meeting of the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC). (See ALI Reimbursement Guidelines for ICOLC Attendees.)
3. ALI will not fund registration or travel expenses to state or regional meetings for board members or committee representatives.
4. ALI will reimburse actual expenses and will not calculate per diem. Appropriate forms and itemized receipts for actual expenses are required for reimbursements. 5. ALI standing committees will be allocated $250.00 each year to cover expenses related to regular committee meetings.
6. ALI will limit meeting sponsorships to significant regional or national library organizations that are holding meetings in Indiana. Sponsorships require approval of the Board and should not exceed $500.00.
7. All ALI funding is reimbursed; there will be no payments advanced for expenses.
*Approved by Academic Libraries of Indiana Board of Directors November 16, 2018
* Please submit appropriate, completed reimbursement forms with requests
** GSA Travel Per Diem Rates - https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates
*** GSA Travel POV Reimbursement Rates - https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/standard-mileage-rates
Approved by Academic Libraries of Indiana Board of Directors February 15, 2019
Reimbursement and planning forms should be filled out sent by email to the ALI Treasurer.