Learn more about ALI's governance, business operations, and achievements. Also included are funding and reimbursement guidelines and forms.
Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) was formed as the result of the efforts of members of the Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) to form a collaborative partnership among Indiana's accredited non-profit public and private colleges, seminaries, and universities (including a Lilly Endowment initiative proposal in 2002). ALI became a functioning organization on May 27, 2003 with the adoption of its Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws (see below) and the election of its first officers.
1. ALI standing committees will receive up to $2500.00 per year. In general, the cost per program participant should not be more than $50.00. If the cost of the program is greater than $2,500.00, the additional amount shall be the responsibility of the participants.
2. ALI will reimburse the cost of reasonable expenses of the Chair of the ALI Resource Advisory Committee toattend the annual meeting of the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC). (See ALI Reimbursement Guidelines for ICOLC Attendees.)
3. ALI will not fund registration or travel expenses to state or regional meetings for board members or committee representatives.
4. ALI will reimburse actual expenses and will not calculate per diem. Appropriate forms and itemized receipts for actual expenses are required for reimbursements. 5. ALI standing committees will be allocated $250.00 each year to cover expenses related to regular committee meetings.
6. ALI will limit meeting sponsorships to significant regional or national library organizations that are holding meetings in Indiana. Sponsorships require approval of the Board and should not exceed $500.00.
7. All ALI funding is reimbursed; there will be no payments advanced for expenses.
The Process for ALI Fund Requests are as follows:
1. Create a narrative for the use of the committee funds. Be sure to mention goals, description, and expected outcomes.
2. Estimate costs for the program/event. This would include but not limited to the following:
1. Speaker cost
2. Travel/hotel cost
3. Estimated food amount
4. Parking estimate
5. Technology hosting costs
2. Submit the request to the executive board no less than six weeks prior to the scheduled event.
3. The request will go to the board for a vote. Exceptions may be made for a special electronic vote if there are no timely meetings prior to the requested event date. This special vote will be conducted through the executive board who will reach out to the board members.
*Reviewed by Academic Libraries of Indiana Board of Directors November 7, 2023
No advancement of payments will be given.
a. When submitting receipts (this may be done electronically), be sure to include the name and date of the event as well as the committee that hosted it.
b. Please turn in the receipts all at one time.
c. Address and contact information for each receipt must be included.
d. We are a nonprofit organization. If a vendor needs a copy of our W9, please contact the ALI treasurer.
* Please use these sites to calculate reimbursement for travel.
** GSA Travel Per Diem Rates - https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates
*** GSA Travel POV Reimbursement Rates - https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/standard-mileage-rates
Reviewed by Academic Libraries of Indiana Board of Directors November 6, 2023.
Reimbursement and planning forms should be filled out sent by email to the ALI Treasurer.