Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To maintain awareness of existing and emerging technologies in academic libraries, to help develop technological expertise to benefit ALI libraries, and to share best practices, training, and professional development opportunities with ALI member libraries.
Meet Our Team
Bernadette Ewen | Senior Director
ROSE-HULMAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Ryan Roberts | Associate Librarian
ROSE-HULMAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Mark Dehmlow | Information Technology Program Director
University of Notre Dame
Jim Hammons | Head of Library Technologies
Ball State University
Pam Childers | Systems & Web Librarian
Indiana Wesleyan University
Michael Mohkamkar | Digital Services Librarian
Indiana University Kokomo
E-mail List Monitor:
Brian Hickam | Library Director
Current and Upcoming Actions:
- Call for members
- We are requesting one communication designee from each institution to facilitate communication and information gathering.
- We are looking for 4-10 “active” members to help manage this committee. (Preferably this person deals with technology at their institution.)
- email email@example.com if interested
- Get organized as a committee
- Conduct initial needs and interest survey
- Review results and set priorities
- Begin planning for information sharing, projects, and programing
- (4-10) “active” members (Preferably this person deals with technology at their institution.)
- (1) communication designee from each institution to facilitate communication and information gathering
Officers: (Executive Committee)
- Chair – 2-year term (Liaison to the board)
- Vice Chair – 1-year term (automatically becomes chair at end of term)
- Webmaster – monitors and upkeeps web presence and committee submissions/changes
- Email List Monitor(s) – monitors email list and works to compile and/or create content. Also encourages sharing of information and questions by users.
- Secretary – keeps minutes of meetings and chronicles decisions made by the committee.
Values of committee and members:
- Interest in and/or familiarity with the technology landscape of academic libraries
- Willingness to engage in spirited discussions
- Collaborative attitude
Founded in February 2016, Indiana Digital Preservation or InDiPres was established to assist small to mid-sized cultural memory organizations with the long term preservation of digital content. InDiPres is a community-based organization governed by its members, who share in the expense of secure, geographically distributed storage. InDiPres achieves this through its collaborative membership in the MetaArchive Cooperative Preservation Network (metaarchive.org). Any Indiana institution creating digital content whose activities are consistent with Indiana Digital Preservation’s mission and principles may join InDiPres.
Join our Listserv
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, type the following:
subscribe ALI-TECH-L <Firstname Lastname>
Leave the message body blank.
You will receive a message and may be asked to confirm your subscription request before it can be processed.
- Maintain awareness of existing and emerging technologies in academic libraries
- Develop technological expertise to benefit ALI libraries
- Share best practices, training, and professional development opportunities with ALI libraries
- Strengthen expertise to address the technology concerns and challenges of ALI libraries
- Foster a culture of collaboration and community among ALI members
- Expand ALI communication to reach all ALI library personnel
- Improve communication skills through ALI mentoring opportunities and sharing best practices
- Ensure professional development for ALI library staff members and librarians
- Address the topics identified by 2020 ALI surveys and ALI annual meeting breakout sessions.
The following are quotes and excerpts from member librarians / administrators shared during 2020 ALI surveys and 2020 ALI annual meeting breakout sessions
- Support education during COVID-19
- Support remote learning
- Ensure online and virtual instruction best practices
- Encouraging and developing shared expertise across a range of programs
- ALI provides excellent professional development opportunities. Would love to see more, either regional or expand topics to new areas.
- Help with technology issues
- Resources are needed to explore and test innovative ideas
- Explore technology in the libraries
- Increase involvement of other library employees in ALI
- Online meetings with ALI Technology Committee members and communication designees
- Annual or Semi-Annual ALI wide events
- Charge and committee creation – Fall 2020
- Initial Survey to all ALI Institutions – Spring 2021
- Create an ALI Technology Committee listserv – Spring 2021
- Creation of Tech Website– Spring 2021
- Draft initial charge (modify if needed)
- Form Committee